North Shore Junior Photo CompetitionRules of Entry
- Entrants must have appropriate rights and permission relating to the subject matter of their entries.
- Entries must originate as one or more photographs made by the entrant. Images may consist of several layers, but each non-adjustment layer must contain only images originally captured by the entrant using a camera of some kind.
- Images may be modified by the entrant using editing software. Any modification of the image must be made by the entrant or under their personal direction.
- Electronically generated patterns (e.g., fractals) are not permitted.
- Any image that has been awarded an acceptance or better in a previous North Shore Junior Photo Competition is ineligible.
- An image may be entered into only one category.
- For the avoidance of doubt, images by the same author that differ only slightly from one another, or differ only by computer treatment (e.g. colour vs. monochrome), or variations of a crop (where the point of interest is the same) will be regarded for these terms and conditions as being the same image.
- The organising committee reserves the right to disqualify any entry it deems unsuitable to the nature of the competition.
- North Shore Junior Photo Competition reserves the right to decline images that have not been submitted correctly.
- Entry is open to anyone 18 years and under living in New Zealand.
- Entry fee is NZ$10.00 for up to 4 images.
- Payment is made via PayPal at the time of entry so you will need access to a suitable bank card.
- Entries shall not be allowed if proof of payment in full has not been received prior to midnight on the Salon Closing Date for Entries.
3. CATEGORIES AND PRESENTATION
TheNorth Shore Junior Photo Competition has two age related categories that accept digital images only.
You may enter up to 4 images in your appropriate age category as follows:
- Under 14 – you must be 14 years or younger when entries close.
- 15 – 18 years – you must be 15 – 18 years old at close of entries.
All digital images must comply with the following requirements:
- Images must be uploaded via the website.
- Images will be displayed on a calibrated HD TV, at a maximum resolution of 1620px horizontal and 1080px vertical, against a black background.
- All files must be in JPEG format.
All accepted images will be exhibited at the Mairangi Art Centre. The winning images of each category will be printed and displayed at the exhibition.
4. REPRODUCTION AND PRIVACY
- Copyright to entries remains at all times with you (the entrant).
- You (the entrant) hereby grant the right to reproduce entries for publicity or other purposes related to theNorth Shore Junior Photo Competition (including the right to use a low-resolution image of entries on the website and to publish your entries in a catalogue).
- We will not divulge any of your personal details to anyone without your permission.
- We will use your details ONLY for important communication with you regarding theNorth Shore Junior Photo Competition.
- All personal details we hold in our database are visible (to you only) on the website, and may be modified by you at will.
- All possible care will be taken to safeguard digital entries.
- No responsibility will be accepted for any damage or loss to entries during the entry process or exhibition.
- TheNorth Shore Junior Photo Competition will not be liable for any claims relating from copyright or privacy infringements or disputes.